Donate to -

JustGiving donation link for: The Rossendale and Pendle Mountain Rescue Team

JustGiving donation link for:

The Children's Trust

Monday 31 January 2011

Fixed forks finally fitted

so they are on and I have to say I was sad this morning, my bike felt quite different, gone was the lovely sit up and beg riding position, gone was the wonderfully stable and soft footing of my fox forks. Little things were annoying me, I hadn't aligned the brakes properly so they were rubbing, the handle bars were a little cock-eyed. I kept asking to myself, "why oh why have i done this?" And i kept responding, "because you can't ride 5555 miles on 140mm racing forks! fool!" To be fair i have already ridden about 3000 miles on them and they are really showing signs of wear. An expensive sign!

So they are on and i need to get used to them... I have straightened my bars and aligned the pads properly. The climb home seemed good but i have noticed that i need to be a lot more careful of the road surface because when i'm dicing with cars, rough ground has a much larger influence on the bike now. I am definitely going to get a 700c wheel to raise the front end up a bit, give me more stability and also take out some of the bumps, a bit.

I did notice my track stands were fantastic! and I also noticed i accelerated rather quickly at one point, I try not to push too hard on a Monday because i remember the pain of a Friday but i suspect by tomorrow night I will be heaving her all the home so another post will probably follow that...

No comments:

Post a Comment