Donate to -

JustGiving donation link for: The Rossendale and Pendle Mountain Rescue Team

JustGiving donation link for:

The Children's Trust

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Last week of Summer time

As quickly as my summer top was on, now it has gone. In this the last week of summer time - it's been getting cold and wet.

At the start of Sept I was called in to do Jury duty in Bolton which meant a change of commuter route. It rained heavily both days and made me realise that in heavy traffic, it's really nice to have a cycle path. The route i take in to Manchester is well laid out.

I have been riding a lot with roadie dudes which has been a real eye opener to how strong their lungs are. Granted, I am riding a heavy, un-aerodynamic climbing frame but all the same, I can cope for so long but there are a couple of guys that after a few miles I just can't keep up.

We visited the velodrome at the start of October and saw the National Championships. Really good fun, the girls loved it to but i did keep wondering what would happen when one of them threw a piece of cheese on the track wiping out Hoy and Kenny and the like!



A week later I was riding back and got chatting with a roadie dude who said he had done a couple of races in the UCI Senior races, nice guy who flew up the hill away from me when i was said i was jiggerred.

Have been riding with the girls in the trailer a few times which is really good fun. Does make for a pretty knackering time of it though!

My spinning is going well but legs are generally nackered these days. I went riding with the guys last weekend and did Long Mynd and Eastridge Woods. Fantastic couple of days of very different riding - Love my bike so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment